Tuesday, October 4, 2011

First Critique

My first critique is this thursday. I'm having some mixed emotions about it...I think I'm just ready for it to happen so I can move on to the next one. Here are a few things I've been considering.

Petra Wunderlich

Fujiko Nakaya

Thomas Doyle

All of these artists seem to have an eye for creating "contained" environments. When I look at these, I feel like what I'm seeing is somewhat otherworldly, the images take me to this frozen place. I'm drawn to works that have an ethereal feel to them, I'm trying to emulate that in my own work.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Love these. In keeping with what we talked about yesterday, is there a way in which portraiture is a "contained environment" as well? Good luck with your critique!

KC said...

Best of luck! I know you will do great-
I will continue to stalk you via blog;) -KC