Monday, January 17, 2011

The Line-Up

I have always been surrounded by books, my mom read to me what I was little, and ever since I can remember I have seen my parents read. It was a natural thing in our family, not something that needed forced and once I found my niche in the written world, there's been no turning back. Here are a few of the books in the line-up.

- All my friends are dead. - I originally bought this as a gift but decided it was too hilarious to give away.
- Shutter Island - A fascinating story. I saw the movie and I am really looking forward to reading the book.
- Three Cups of Tea - This book was given to me by one of the customers at the coffee shop where I work with hopes of spreading the inspiration. I am still touched by his generosity.
- Journal of the Gun Years - I love westerns, I'm hoping this is awesome.
- The River Why - Suggested to me by my brother, I trust his judgement.
- The Color of Magic - Another suggestion by the brother.
- The Light Fantastic - See above.
- Travels with Charley - I am currently reading this and enjoying it greatly. Its making me want to go on an epic road trip with the dog though.
- What Dreams May Come - not pictured, truly one of the greatest books I have ever read. It really makes you think.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Sounds line a fabulous line-up! I've only read Three Cups of Tea, so I think some of your list will have to make their way onto mine.

Elizabeth said...

I love Terry Pratchett - you'll get a kick out of him. Warning, though: they're addictive.