Thursday, August 19, 2010

Montana Lobsters

Our gear, waiting.
Our victim.
The fruits of our labor.
The health inspectors.
Look at the size of them!
All around an amusing sight.
As you may know, we are a scuba diving family. Being in a land locked state has never stopped us before, so yesterday my brother took dad and I on a dive in one of the surrounding rivers on an epic quest for crayfish. Armed with gloves, mesh bags and nerves of steel we made our descent into the murky 60 degree water and harvested some of the largest crayfish I have ever seen!! It was so much fun, as you can see from the above photos, we were not lacking in our bounty. The river bottom was literally crawling with these critters! The last image was included purely for my amusement...just before I took this shot, the flames were about twice that high and dad appeared angry, it was funny. Don't judge me for my odd sense of humor...