Sunday, July 6, 2008

An Artistic Twist

So let me explain. I did not try any cooking for this post, but I promise, this has a great deal to do with food. I'll start from the beginning. For the past three semesters at college, I've been taking photography, and while it is not my major...I absolutely freaking love photography. My dad does a great deal of it, my brother manages a camera store, and needless to say, it's quite the subject of discussion in my family. So anyways, for this past semester, I chose my focus to be macro food photography. What I did was take very thin slices of food, all kinds, and placed them on a film viewing table so the food was illuminated from below. The results that I got were absolutely amazing, it was so incredibly cool. The foods that I thought would look a certain way turned out completely different, it was like an adventure every time I chose a different food.  

Each week I focused on a different food or color of foods, such as red peppers and red raspberries, etc. The above photograph is of the rind of a lime. My plan is to share some of these photos along with a possible recipe using the featured food. So for today's recipe, I decided to stick with the summer theme and go with an ice cream recipe that I found here. Let me know what you think!!

1 comment:

Erin said...

I love this idea! Go for it!